Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Tray Makeover

A few years ago while doing one of my faves past times.....Thrifting! I came across a nice wooden tray.It was black with a slick clear coat. The lip of the tray had a red line that went completely around it, and there was small artwork design in the bottom corner. At the time the tray matched the type of decor I was into. It had an Asian Theme. Nowadays, my decor theme tends to change when I find a DIY project in blog world that wows me. Right now, and for a while my theme is based of my favorite color combinations of yellow, black, grey and red. I love geometric patterens like quatrefoil and such.

In a recent previous blog entry I used wrapping paper to dress up picture frame mats. I decided to use the same paper to dress up this tray.

Here is the before:


Here is the after:


My plan for this tray is to use it on the coffee table (which we don't have yet) with candles placed on it.


No comments:

Post a Comment