Tuesday, November 27, 2012

DIY Ball Ornaments

Hello! Hello! Hello! It’s been a long time since I’ve updated. This is becoming a regular habit :/ I have a few updates to post to my blog. Today, I will talk about my latest crafy project. A ball ornament made from plastic play pit balls. This year I decided that I wanted to hand make some of my Christmas Ornaments for my Tree. I had the idea to use plastic play pit balls that I bought for another project that didn’t work out. My plan: Cover them with glitter and make them into a ball ornament for my Tree.
Supplies Needed for this Project Glitter (your color of Choice) Mod Podge,or glue of your preference. Sponge Paint Brush Round Object of your choice Ribbon, String, Yarn, Jute ( Your Choice)
Bascially, I poured a lot of glitter in a sandwich bag. Poured an amount of Mod Podge in a small container. I took a needle, and poked my pastic ball. I did this so I could cover mod podge over the entire plastic ball without touching it. I covered it completely with the glue, and put the ball in the sandwich bag filled with glitter. I shook the bag over and over to ensure the plastic ball was covered completly.
I let the plastic balls dry over night, and attached my jute the next evening. I used Jute has my hanger for my ornament. I tied a loop, and used my glue gun to adhere my jute loop to the plastic ball. They need another layer of glitter, but I'm not going to be picky about it ;) I have a few more hand made ornaments to make. Thank you for checking out by blog :)

No comments:

Post a Comment